Ice Skating Lessons
So I did take Jackson ice skating over Christmas break, as promised. We both had fun, but Jackson was disappointed that he couldn't really skate. At first he could just sort of stand there, sometimes. Sometimes not. He had a little goose egg on the back of his head from the "sometimes not".
By the time we were done, he did make it across the ice without falling, but he would only do it holding my hand, which was good enough for me but Jackson really wanted to be out there skating.
I'm glad we went skating when we did because after our adventure, I looked into skating lessons and found a class that started in just a few days. Great timing on my part, or do you think these skating acadamies know that lots of people try out ice skating over the Christmas break and may be interested in learning to skate after that? Hmm. I like to give myself credit whenever I can, but it looks like these skating teachers know what they are doing.
But, I do get credit for finding him a pair of ice skates on clearance for the same price that it would have cost to rent his skates for just this one 8-week class. AND, the skates are adjustable to 3 different shoe sizes, so we can probably get some use out of them. Pretty good, if I do say so myself.
Anyway, here are some pictures from his first lesson. I thought there might only be one or two other boys in the class with him, if we were lucky, but I think his class is actually evenly split - 4 girls and 4 boys.
Because my family is totally brutal and falling is part of learning to skate, I was definitely going to post a picture of him laying on the ice, but none of them really turned out. He was either on a bad spot on the ice or someone was in the way and you can't tell it is him. From the looks of things though, I'm sure he'll hit the deck again next week. And, I'll have my camera ready. Maybe even some video! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment