Fun on Christmas Break
Even after all the Christmas festivities, we still had another week and a half of days off to spend because Jackson was out of school. Luke's daycare wasn't closed nearly as long, so he only got to do a few of the outings, but he doesn't know what he's missing anyway.
Jackson, Luke, and I visited the Children's Museum the Monday after Christmas, which I guess was the 27th. It's a busy time of year there, but we went right when they opened and it was no problem. Luke hadn't been to the museaum in quite a while and he really had a grand time. It was fun seeing him get so excited to be able to do things that he was too young for the last time we took him. The obligatory carousel ride is always fun.
Of course, he was soaking wet and cold by the end of this activity., but he supposedly leaned something, right?
I dunno what this ball machine is called, but all the kids just love it.
Winter Wonderland: ice fishing, ice castle slide, and penguin sliding.
The next day Chris took Jackson to see Yogi Bear in 3D at the movies. Why do all of these movies have to be in 3D? Ugh. Glad I didn't have to go. We also visited Incredible Pizza Company during our break, which is WAY nicer than the Chuck E. Cheese's Jackson had suggested. We attended a 2nd birthday party for Auggie, who still claims to remember that Luke bit him on Labor Day weekend. It was too traumatizing to forget I guess. Ice skating is still left on the agenda - we'll try to tackle that tomorrow. I'm always glad to put that senior-year U of I class to use! I can still skate well, but I'm more out of shape and more sore by the end of it! I just remember my feet killing me last year.
Today, we went bowling in between running errands and I totally *killed* it. Good thing I told Jackson that he was playing the kid game and I was playing the adult bowling game, or he'd have been crying from the beat-down. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment