On the Way to Vacation
Well, technically the title should just read "On Vacation", I guess, but we were only half-way to our ultimate vacation destination, so the title is not completely inaccurate.
We stopped in Holland, Michigan, at Nelis' Dutch Village. The weather was beautiful for the drive, but we needed to get out and stretch our legs. I'm not sure it would have been worth the price of admission if we had to purchase tickets for the boys, but I'd recommend it if you have a short time to spare on a nice afternoon. It was a nice break. The $24 to get in for our family was acceptable since children under the age of 5 are free, but I think I would have been disappointed if it cost us another $12 for the boys' admissions too. Anyway, there were not many people there, so Jackson was able to experience everything they had that was appropriate for little kids. I do have to say that it was a little weird that all of the costumed characters were under the age of about 23 though. I'm pretty sure most of them were still in high school, but there was about 2 or 3 of them that probably brought the average age of characters to about 18. Apparently, not only is the village a miniature version of a town in Holland, but the people are a bit smaller than real life too!

No comments:
Post a Comment