#2's Picture Debut
I really don't like ultrasound pictures because they mostly look like a blur of black and white dots and hardly resemble anything like a human to me. But, because I have been accused by friends and family alike of "slacking" or "not loving this one as much", I feel compelled to post these up here. Over the last few weeks, people have accused me of neglecting #2 by failing to post any stories and/or ultrasound photos and by not watching my nutritional intake as well either.
I'm pretty sure I am guilty on both counts.
But #2 can take solace in knowing that this lack of attention later in life will probably work to his/her advantage. As the second child, I'll probably be much less worried about and attentive to what s/he is "getting into", so s/he will inevitably get away with more things than Jackson will. It's all a matter of which side of the coin you look at. On the negative side, you may get a little less parental concern. On the positive side, you may get a little less parental concern. If this one is smart, s/he will see the bright side of being #2.
These photos are from a 16-week ultrasound taken last week. We have another one in 3 weeks because they couldn't get a good look at the heart this time around. I guess it will be nice to get to see the baby again and make sure that things are still going well, but I'm not looking forward to the next 3 weeks of Chris trying to convince me that we should find out the baby's gender. Chris believes that he saw what he needed to see in the first ultrasound to believe that it is a boy. I'm not exactly sure how he "knows" this - they don't teach you to read ultrasounds in MBA school, do they? I like making fun of him and his "I know what I saw" theory, but I find it hard to make too much fun of him because my gut instinct is to say that it's a boy too. Anyway, Chris obviously isn't 100% convinced of his ultrasound reading skills because he still wants to ask the technician at the next ultrasound if it's a boy or a girl. We'll see if I give in to his wishes between now and then, but I'm holding steady for now. I'm not really sure why we need to find out anyway, we've already got boy and girl names picked out. We just carried Molly Grace over from when we picked it as the girl's name with Jackson. If it's a boy, it's gonna be Luke. We're working on a boy's middle name though. Chris jokes that he always wanted a Luke Duke (Dukes of Hazzard, anyone?) in his family, but that's not flying with me. Then, of course, he also wants Peyton, which ain't gonna happen as long as I have anything to say about it. I'm pretty sure that the smart money is on Luke William though.
Spine & Ribs...okay, I'll admit it, this one is pretty obvious.
From left to right, that's the arms with the hands up by the face and then you can see the folded legs on the right. I imagine that's the boy/girl parts between those legs down there, but I really can't say for sure. Could be cord or something, I guess.
Heartbeat.

2 comments:
Congrats!
I have to admit, we only had an u/s with one of our three but I felt like a "bad mommy" when we had it because I couldn't make out the different parts in the pictures at first! LOL!
Congratulations. He/she will be loved! And Luke is our name-of-choice, so I vote for that! But I would NOT vote for Duke as a middle name.
Post a Comment