Perhaps the Funniest Toddler Birthday Gift EVER
These musical Mickey ears were one of Jackson's birthday gifts.In fact, he got many, wonderful, thoughtful gifts for his birthday.
But he did get ONE gift which I wouldn't describe as "wonderful".
He got a Diego DVD from some people who shall remain anonymous - let's just call them "the Mac's". A TOTALLY made up name, since I know NO ONE who goes by the name "the Mac's". Anyway, these nice (fictitious) people, "the Mac's", sent Jackson a package including this Diego DVD in the mail. Very nice gesture. Plus, he loves Diego, so at first thought, it seems like the gift is perfect. Until you actually start watching the DVD.
The DVD consists of 4 Diego episodes and Jackson has developed a favorite - let's call it the "strawberries" episode since that is what Jackson calls it. Anyway, Diego's mission in this episode is to get strawberry seeds to his Uncle's farm because the "windy wind" destroyed his strawberry crop. You see, there will be no strawberries for the strawberry festival if Diego fails, so his mission is "muy importante". One might think Diego could grab some seeds at the local megamart or something, but what fun would that be? So Diego did what any good nephew would do - he has his iguana eat a bunch of strawberries so that the iguana would carry the seeds in its belly all the way to the Uncle's farm......so that it could then POOP THEM OUT IN NICE NEAT LITTLE CROP ROWS THAT THE UNCLE HAD DUG!!!
I promise you, I'm not "shitting" you. The only one doing any shitting is the iguana. There are, of course, many obstacles along the way that eventually lead to the iguana doing a "potty dance" and pleading to Diego that they hurry up because he's "got to go." You'll be glad to know that the iguana successfully "holds it in" until they get to the farm and save the strawberry festival for the year. Hurray Diego!!
I do have to say that the episode has now lost its luster for Chris and I, but it did lead to many a good laugh for us for first 10 times we saw it, so for that, I say thanks to "the Mac's". We can't wait to see what you get Jackson for Christmas next year!

2 comments:
I love that you guys have to start making up fictional friends. You must be desperate...
Okay, after having read Chris' latest post, I feel really bad about my comment above. Not bad enough to delete it, however, because it is still funny. Just your standard Catholic guilt. Couple extra Hail Mary's and that will be taken care of...
Post a Comment