Mommy Play vs. Daddy Play
This "tube 'o bugs" was another birthday gift. Let me tell you, it's a hit. I'm quite certain he plays with it everyday. And, of course, if he's playing with it, that means he wants you to play with it too. Chris and I have spent much time familiarizing ourselves with the variety of creatures that dwell in the tube. But there is a significant difference in the experiences Jackson gets when he plays with his Daddy and when he plays with me. Here is an example from earlier today:
Jackson: "Mommy, play with the grasshopper."
Mommy: "Okay. Hi grasshopper. Jackson, where do grasshoppers live?"
Jackson: "In the grass."
Jackson: "Daddy, play with the dragonfly."
Daddy: "Okay, Jackson. The dragonfly is flying around. Look out Jackson! The dragonfly is going to poop on your head!"
True story.

7 comments:
OMG- Chris is so skinny!!!!!!!
The "OMG- Chris is so skinny" comment...is from me.
~Jennifer Maples.
I'm pretty sure your comment just made his day, Jennifer...
Sounds like our house. R and Daddy smash the shopping cart and doll stroller in a two-person demolition derby. R and Mommy take the doll for a stroll and keep her warm with a blanket...
Just teaching the boy to be a man.
And Jennifer, have I ever told you that you're my favorite cousin and that I love you??
I told Chris he looked skinny and he never said he loved me.
I love you, too, Murph!
Post a Comment