Rough Week
Jackson has had a rough few days lately since he has been transitioning from the infant daycare room to the toddler room. They try to do it slowly so that the children can get adjusted, but it's still been rough on him to leave the only daycare room and teachers that he's known.
On Monday, he spent an hour in the new room and they said he cried for about half of it. On Tuesday, he spent another hour in the new room and he cried for about 20 minutes. On Wednesday, he spent the morning in the toddler room and again cried for about 20 minutes. Then on Thursday, he spent the afternoon in the toddler room and again cried for 15-20 minutes. They do say that he is adjusting better though. What they base that assessment on, I don't know! Friday was his first full day in the new room. He had a rough time in the morning, after I left him. You see, in the morning the kids are all gathered in one room until enough toddlers are present to separate them by ages/rooms. So, when we got there this morning, he was put in the 2 year old room -- which he had never been in before -- and he was with a bunch of kids and teachers that he didn't know. I've been told that he was throwing a bit of a fit for about 15-20 minutes and nothing would console him. Word is that once he was moved to his new 1 year old room, he calmed down and things got better. Then, of course, getting him to lay down on a cot on the floor to take a nap was the next hurdle. I guess they got him to lay down right away and take a nap, but he would only sleep for about 20 minutes and then they spent the next 1 hour and 40 minutes trying to get him to go back to sleep on the cot. Hopefully things will improve for him next week as he gets used to his new environment, teachers, and "classmates".

2 comments:
I hope that this week will be better for Jackson. I bet in another week or so he'll be happy to be there.
Takes after his Aunt. Remember the stories about Mrs. Firch??? I think it's harder on the parents than the kids...hang in there...he'll get it.
Post a Comment