Hey, How'd I Get Here??

He got to this pose by ..... rolling over! I told you he would have to roll over soon because his neck couldn't go any further back. I was putting our grocery purchases away and Chris had just walked out back to start the grill. When I left the room, Jackson was on his back. When I returned, just seconds later, I found him on his belly. That's when I took this picture. Too cute! I was curious as to whether it was a fluke or not (he had previously had a fluke roll over several weeks ago that he never duplicated), so I returned him to his back and, to my surprise, he proceeded to roll over again! I put him on his back one more time and taped the video below, so this is video of his third roll over in about a 5 minute span. (The quality of the video upload is not the best because I was on "zoom" - so as not to distract him from his task - but you'll get the idea.) I think he was getting puckered out because the third roll didn't come to him quite as easily as the other two! It's hard work rolling 21 lbs. over!!
This rolling over is going to be interesting though. Chris and I discovered that we had better watch where we lay him down from now on. We put him back on the floor while we were eating dinner. When we looked up from our plates a few seconds later, Jackson had rolled over again....only this time he had gotten his legs under the couch! How he got in that position, we will never know, because he would have had to roll over, avoid the Elmo overhead play-thing, scoot over some more, and twist his body to fit his legs under the couch. I think my acrobat comment from a few days earlier has gone to his head!

3 comments:
Look out world.....he's officially mobile!
Yay Jackson!
On the 11th I predicted that Jackson would roll over in about a week. I guess he decided to be an overachiever and complete the task in only 4 days!!! Good for him!!
Remember that playpens are a great invention.
Post a Comment