Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Stop the Presses: Jackson is 5!


I promise, I haven't given up on the blog. We are computerless at the moment, thanks to an untimely hard drive melt down. Although, I guess a hard drive melt down is always untimely. So, photos are missing, but not too many, and blogging is more difficult. But, here I am right now. :)

Jackson turned 5. It's funny, I really don't think he has changed much in the last 5 years. I mean, he's older, bigger, wiser, stronger, but his personality is still the same as when he was 2. I wonder if the same will be true when he's 10. I hope so. I mean I can do without the daily 5 year old whining and tears, but he's a funny, sweet, sensitive kid. He doesn't want to break the rules. Just this morning he admitted to me in a fit of tears that he had playfully spanked Luke's butt to get him to move out of the way. He was apologizing and crying to me because Luke came running over to me like a baby complaining that Jackson had spanked him. I didn't even have to ask if it was true. By the time I looked up, Jackson was crying, admitting, apologizing, and explaining that he just did it because it was fun and he wasn't really spanking Luke. Luke was definitely over it before Jackson was. Like I said, he's a sensitive kid.

He had a great time at his bowling party. There were about 12 bowlers at the party so that was plenty of kids trying not to drop their ball on anyone else's toes and I'm happy to report no toes were harmed at the party. Our good friend and neighbor accepted Jackson's challenge to make an Angry Birds bowling cake, which was a complete success and looked great. Jackson really loved that cake and there were lots of admirers at the bowling alley who stopped by to check it out too. The bowling party was a great deal that included an hour of bowling and shoes, tokens for their video games, lunch (either hotdog or chicken nuggets), and an autograph bowling pin. All we had to bring were the cake and goodie bags, which exactly as much work as I wanted to take on for the party! What a coincidence! ;)



No comments: