Monday, March 14, 2011

Columbus, Indiana

While Chris was at a charity bowling tournament, the boys and I took a trip to Columbus, Indiana, on Saturday afternoon. We kidnapped and forced our friends Ange and Hudson to go with us and protect us from the scary Hoosiers that make up Columbus. We mostly wanted to take the 45 minute trek south to check out Zaharako's historic ice cream parlor, but we didn't want to have to admit that publicly so we also went to Mill Race Park for some exercise before gorging ourselves on root beer floats and green rivers. The park was fun, but I don't have to tell you what my favorite part of the trip was. And, NO, it was the local Columbusites. Columbusians? Colubusers? Whatever their name, they were most definitely NOT my favorite part. I couldn't count how many times I rolled my eyes while at that park.

Unfortunately, all of these pictures turned out overexposed. I'm such an amatuer.

Also, for the record - I don't think that any of us would recommend the green river. Better concept than execution on that one. BUT, the root beer float was classic and AWESOME.



















1 comment:

Maureen said...

Luke looks like he is in a sugar coma in the last picture.