Turkey Run State Park
In order to take advantage of the beautiful, sunny, 60 degree weather, and to avoid even MORE yard work, Chris and I took the boys on a day trip to Turkey Run State Park on Sunday. It was a fun day and the boys had a good time, I think. They are always happier and more well-behaved when we're out-and-about doing something. I guess they get into trouble or get whiney when they are bored.
We spent some time in the nature center, where Jackson was most entertained by the bones, fossils, and stuffed (literally) animals on display and Luke was pretty intrigued by the captive snakes. I guess he liked waiting and watching for their tongue to slither out? We then walked the path to the suspension bridge. Chris and Luke stayed behind at the end of the path though. There are 70 steps down to the bridge and neither Chris nor I wanted to carry Luke's 30lbs. up and down that amount of steps, especially when Luke had no idea what he was missing.
So Jackson and I ventured down to the bridge and shoreline to explore for a short while.
All in all, the boys basically spent the day picking up sticks and digging in the dirt. But what could be better when you're their ages, really?

1 comment:
nice pics. looks like they were having a good time.
mammaw
Post a Comment