Monday, February 23, 2009

3

He's 3 tomorrow, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jackson!

I was trying to put together my sort-of-annual list of his abilities, but it's kinda hard to do at this point. I mean, we are past the physical milestones - rolling over, walking, running, riding a bike, etc. He's totally potty trained both day and night. And I don't really know how to list the intellectual and communication milestones - I mean, he can count to 99, twist your words back onto you at a later date, and say any word he's ever heard. And by ANY word, I mean ANY - even the types of words that 2 year old boys should not repeat. That's thanks to his father, naturally; I had nothing to do with it. At some point, the listing of accomplishments has to stop, so for Jackson, it's over. Instead, I'll try to list some oddities, quirks if you will, that make up Jackson's personality.

- He likes the color pink. A lot. He even wants his birthday cake to be pink. He's getting a yellow-frosting Backyardigan's cake for his birthday party on Saturday, but for his birthday we are taking him to The Flying Cupcake Bakery to buy him his own, oversized "Pretty in Pink" birthday cupcake.

- He's back to not liking bath time and he REALLY doesn't like to get the water dumped on his head.

- He doesn't need a stool to successfully pee in the toilet anymore. Yippee!

- He's a much happier person if he wakes up on his own accord than if you wake him up intentionally. Seriously, his attitude might last all day, so I recommend you avoid intentionally waking him up before he's ready at all costs. If you must wake him, bring Luke into his bedroom with you to do your dirty work. Jackson is much more amenable to being woken up by Luke than you, trust me.

- He probably eats about 4 or 5 ham/turkey Lunchable cracker packs on any given week.

- He's having difficulty learning not to be bossy. Where would he get that from? Really, I don't know anyone like that.

- Don't start singing in front of him. He HATES that and will incessantly ask you to stop until you do. And no, it doesn't matter if you have a nice voice or not.

- He takes his shoes off the moment he walks in the door of the house. I don't make him do that; I just think he picked up the habit or tendency from his father.

- He likes to dance, particularly to cartoon theme songs. And when he's dancing, the only thing that is missing is the "white man's overbite". That must come with puberty?

- He likes to watch Gumby. Thanks a lot Uncle Billy; he loses 100 brain cells every time he watches that DVD.

- I'm teaching him to say "excuse me" after he farts instead of "name that tune" like his daddy taught him. It's not going very well.

- He'll do almost anything for a sucker or a popsicle. Odd for a 2-year-old, isn't it? :)

- He prefers strawberry milkshakes to vanilla or chocolate. Perhaps it's because they're pink?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jackson

Anonymous said...

That was from me, Jessica. Not anonymous.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Jackson.

Mammaw

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jackson!

I love Gumby too!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated B-day Jackson!