Friday, January 09, 2009

"I Told You"

That's Jackson's new favorite saying. And, it's LOVELY to hear, let me tell you. Just what you want your not-quite-three-year-old repeating over and over, "I told you!" Last night he was insisting that this mac-n-cheese was too hot, despite my assurances that it was cooled down, so he just kept saying "I TOLD you it's too hot. It's too hot Mommy. See, I told you it's too hot." He did this for what seemed like 30 minutes, but was probably about 4 minutes. Still, 4 minutes of that sucks...especially when he was just WRONG about the mac-n-cheese still being hot.
Anyway, he does do a good job of mixing the phrase up to really drive his point home, so sometimes he'll replace the proper "you" with "ya" (as in: "I told ya so") or he'll add the word "see" in front (as in: "See, I told you/ya..."). He doesn't mean to, but he does make me laugh when he says it....

No comments: