Sunday, December 28, 2008

Photos From Our "Fake" Christmas Eve 2008 (aka December 23rd)

Santa was coming to visit our house a day early, so we had to make the traditional cookies and milk for him on the 23rd. I don't really make cookies that often and I certainly don't cut them into shapes, but for whatever reason, I had some Xmas cookie cutters around the house. Chris had bought the pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough so I thought we'd expeiment by rolling it flat and using the cookie cutters. I figured that would be a good way that Jackson could feel involved. I didn't really think about the fact that Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough isn't ideal for maintaining its shape in the oven, so the final product was, how shall I say this, "lacking" in the shape department, but they tasted good nonetheless!

Cutting Santa's cookie's into shapes.
I guess they didn't turn out looking TOO badly. I mean you can tell they were candy canes and gingerbread men, but those things that look like stockings, aren't. They're reindeer. Couldn't you tell?!
Opening our traditional Xmas Eve gift. PJs and a new book for bed time.
Dressed in the new PJs and reading the new book.
Proof that the cookies tasted fine, despite their unsightly shapes.

No comments: