Sunday, December 07, 2008

Catching Up

It's been a while, but things have been busy. So, here's the synopsis of ups-and-downs of last week...
1) I went to back to work. Boo!
2) Luke went to daycare for the first time. Yippee!

Luke and I on our first days...

3) The daughter that our good friends were in the process of adopting from Haiti passed away from a myriad of medical issues. Double boo! Triple boo! Quadruple boo! Boo to the n-th degree!
4) Chris got the desktop hooked up to the internet, so I can download pictures and videos for all you adoring fans again. Double yippee!
4) I got the flu. I would say "boo", but it really isn't worthy of a "boo" after the "boos" in #3 above, so I'' give it a shoulder shrug.
5) We went to Chicago for the annual Kelly Xmas party, which of course means presents from Santa. Triple yippee!

These photos were taken during his 3 different trips to see/talk to Santa. Three trips. And, I'm pretty sure he wanted to go up there a few more times. You couldn't keep this kid away from Santa if you tried. He went back up to Santa to tell him what he was eating for dinner. Seriously. Apparently, Santa's just your average Joe Sixpack to Jackson. The kind of guy you can shoot the breeze with. I'm not so sure that Jackson and I are related since I was terrified of Santa as a kid. I need to look into those hospital records...




Luke, on the other hand, was a bit indifferent to the big guy in red...



At Grandma & Grandpa's house the next day, playing with the train. Thanks for all the hours setting it up G-pa! You're the best. He loves it.

Hopefully after that roller coaster ride last week, it will be smooth sailing this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your friends... How is it going being back at work?