Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Belated July 4th Photos

We spent the 4th at my parents' cabin and the weather was great. Almost a little too chilly to swim, but not quite, so Jackson still got a bit of swimming in. He loved watching the neighbor kids and their friends jump off the end of our pier and splash everyone. Grandma even got Jackson to jump in twice, but he got scared after that and refused to do it again. We also went to a carnival in the local school parking lot. Some of those rides and equipment were seriously older than I was, but Jackson didn't seem to care. He had a great time. I was skeptical that he would like the rotating swings because he has been known to be a bit of a fraidy-cat, but he proved me wrong and took to them like fish to water. I think that he rode them 3 times. You can see from the smiles he had a great time, despite the motley crew that was in attendance at the carnival. You know it's bad when the scariest people at the carnival are not the carnies.After the carnival, we watched the fireworks from the pontoon. He really didn't like the first 10 or 15 that went off because they were awefully close overhead; he got scared. But he slowly warmed up and eventually loved shouting out the names of all the colors of the fireworks. When we docked the pontoon, Grandma then scared the bejesus out of him with some sort of shreiking, spinning pyramid firework that jumped up into the sky and right into the giant maple tree in the yard. Grandma's little stunt made him cry the hardest all weekend, that's for sure. Of course, anyone that knows Grandma also knows that she told him to stop crying and suck it up - which he did....eventually. All I know is that the black snakes were definitely more his speed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I forgot black snakes even existed. I miss black snakes. Also - CARNIVAL! HOW FUN! AND HOW ADORABLE!