Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween 2007

Getting dressed for Halloween was a bit of a chore and Jackson didn't want much to do with his cow outfit. It's not that he didn't like it mind you, there were just more important things that he wanted to do - like watch Elmo on t.v.He went trick-or-treating around my office building in the morning with his daycare class. He had a good time riding in the buggy and shouting "Eat! Eat!" everytime he saw a piece of candy. He sounded like E.T. He did leave the group for a little while and join Mommy at work. He got upset when I came out to the hallway to see him with his class, like I was abandoning him or something, so he came into the offices for a visit and a snack - chips and salsa! Then he went back to his classroom after a little while and got to have a Halloween party, including one of his favorite treats - cupcakes.

When we got home, he played in the backyard for a little while until it was time for dinner and more trick-or-treating.

Please don't ask me what he is doing here, since I have NO IDEA.Then, we went trick-or-treating near Jackson's friend Jake's house. He lives in our 'hood, but in the older part, where trick-or-treating is still a vague resemblance of what it was like when I was young enough to trick-or-treat. Jake's Mommy & Daddy expected about 200+ kids at their house. In contrast, we left a bowl of about 25 full-size bags of M&Ms at our front door - and when we returned about 2 hours later, there was still some candy left in the bowl. Quite a different Halloween scene just a few blocks away, huh! He did really well trick-or-treating, but I never was able to get him to say "trick-or-treat", but he did say something that resembled "Halloween". There was several times where he did get scared by some of the decorations and costumes, but they were things that were sufficiently freaky like Freddy Krueger, the Scream mask, light-up and talking skulls, etc. He didn't super freak out and scream or anything traumatic like that, but he did turn around, run, say "Mommy! Mommy!", and grab my leg/neck in freight. As long as I was hold him with both arms, he was okay. He just kept saying "all done, all done" to get whatever scary character to go away, and it usually worked.

Here he is hanging out with his buddy "Doctor" Jake and watching the trick-or-treaters.Making sure to pick up the dropped loot. Apparently, he just didn't have enough candy to let that piece go!Walking with Daddy to the next house.He was a good boy and waited in line for his candy....unlike some other hoodlums we ran into.Mmmmmm! Why can't Halloween be every day?!?!Surveying all his loot to see what he wants to eat next.I think the cupcake, juice, salsa, and candy residue that he had ALL OVER HIMSELF are sure signs that Jackson had a pretty good day, don't you agree?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the cow costume!