Monday, October 15, 2007

Fort Myer's Imaginarium

On our way from Naples to Tampa for the night, we stopped at the children's Imaginarium in Fort Myers. It was a small Children's museum, but it was nice. I think I only saw 3 other children in the place the whole time that we were there. The Imaginarium has lots of exhibits/activities that were different from what we normally find at the Indianapolis Children's Museum. There was a simulate hurricane room, a thunderstorm experience, touch-a-cloud, and a bit of sea/Florida wildlife - including two large turtles that were doing something I never wanted to see turtles doing (if you need more of a visual, you can check Jackson's Daddy's blog later because I'm sure he's gonna post a picture of it). After our Imaginarium visit, I'm thinking that Halloween isn't going to be much fun for Jackson this year. He was afraid of the touch-a-cloud and the thunderstorm room because of the visuals and the thunder. Because he ran from those two exhibits, we didn't even try to get him into the hurricane simulator. This all makes me think the halloween spooky visuals and sounds are gonna make him FREAK OUT!

No comments: