Friday, October 12, 2007

Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane!

Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Hi Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! More Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Mommy look! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! White Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! More Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Blue Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Bye-bye Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane! Airplane!

There.

Now you have a VERY SMALL idea of how the first hour of our vacation went. The first 10 times it was cute. Thereafter, it was nothing but annoying. I think that the entire terminal heard and watched Jackson as he shouted "airplane" over and over again.

Of course, then when he was actually ON the airplane, he had no idea he was riding one. Or, at least, I don't think he understood. He did point out the window at the wing during the flight and say "airplane", so maybe he knew. I don't know. He did cry and throw a bit of a fit when we first boarded. Then he didn't care for take-off too much or flying for the first few minutes either. But, he did calm down and just sort of whine once he got into his car seat. He only stopped crying once I put my arm around him and then he insisted on my arm being around him the rest of the time in exchange for him not whining. Getting my arm over him while he was in the car seat and holding it there for such a long time really caused my shoulder to ache and my arm to fall asleep. Luckily, he fell asleep about 20 minutes into the flight, so I was able to move my arm again. He then stayed asleep for about 1 hour or so. So we only had to fill the last bit of flight time with snacks and some books and then it was over. We didn't have to break out the DVD player at all. Although, I suspect that we may have to on the way home. Our flight on the way there was over his usual nap time. We are flying home just AFTER his usual nap time, so it may be a whole different game the second time around.

I have to say that, all in all, the flight went better that I would have thought, but it is still not something that I am looking forward to doing again....

No comments: