1 Year Photos
I read quite a few blogs throughout the week, some more religiously than others. When I wanted to see what was happening for the weekend (to put it more accurately: "when I wanted to see what I missed over the past weekend"), I would sometimes check out this blog. The author is a photographer by trade and, on one blog posting, she noted that she was looking to shoot a variety of subjects for her portfolio. Some friends of ours answered her call and arranged for her to take photos of their son, which they were really quite pleased with (pleased with the photos I mean, not Jake....although, I'm sure they are quite pleased with their son too....whatever.....you know what I mean).
So, I saw Jake's photos and thought they were great. They really showed how cute as a button Jake is.
So, I got jealous. I mean, Jackson is cute as a button too, right? Jake shouldn't be the only cute as a button kid with great professional photos, right? I mean, really....not to brag and not to take anything away from Jake, but Jackson is pretty damn cute too.
So, I stole our friends great idea and contacted Michelle Jones, the photographer, to get Jackson's photo taken. This was certainly a better idea than the Target I had otherwise intended to take him to for his 1 year photos (yeah, we're a little late...so what!).
Well, the session was complicated - what with Jackson running all over the place and never sitting still in the light that Michelle wanted. Despite Jackson's "toddlerness", I think the photos turned out great. Like Jake's parents, we were really pleased.
As an added bonus, it was a great deal. Michelle waived the session fee and provided a few of the digital photo files for free, in exchange for signing a model release so she could use the photos in her portfolio. Sounded like a deal to me! And Michelle has also apparently taken advantage of the deal too and put the model release into effect as Jackson has taken a spot next to Jake in Michelle's online portfolio.
We are still figuring out what prints and sizes we want to get, but here are a few of our favorite shots that she took (in no particular order).....




4 comments:
These are excellent photos! What a great photographer! (and great subject)
I definately like the last two the best, but maybe because he still looks like a baby in those. He looks all grown up in the first two.
Copycats! ;-)
I'm so glad you're happy with the session. Jackson was a real trooper and it was a lot of fun to shoot him. Thanks again for the opportunity.
Post a Comment