Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Bright-eyed, but....


no bushy tail here! Jackson went out for dinner for the first time yesterday and did very well...but I suspect that is because he slept through the whole outing. Not that I am complaining about that...it worked beautifully. It would just be nice if he would sleep when we want him to and be awake when we want him to. There'd be A LOT of money in it for someone to figure out a pill/therapy to fix the newborn night/day mix-up. Forget finding a cure for cancer or Parkinsons, the money is in the drug that safely gets newborns to recognize day is for playtime and night is for sleep!! :) Thank God I am off work right now, that makes this whole adjustment period much easier to handle. Not having to keep any sort of schedule right now means its not such a big deal to be up at all hours of the night. Right about now, Jackson has taken a liking to sleeping from about 6am to 12pm or 1pm, which, out of necessity, has also turned into my sleep-time. Feels like I'm back in college!! If anyone is up at 3am, please feel free to give Jackson or I a phone call....we'll be up! ;)


Having complained enough (too much?) about Jackson's sleeping habits, I feel compelled to share something positive about our beautiful boy. Given that I am sure NO ONE wants to hear about his pooping/peeing habits, I guess I'll let everyone know that Jackson definitely does NOT have any problems eating...I guess he gets that from his Daddy....and his Mommy! He tells me that he only eats so much because he is a growing little boy, but I'm not convinced that he's not preparing for the NY Nathan's annual hotdog eating contest in a few years. He seems to have the bottomless stomach for it!

1 comment:

Jason said...

Forget Football! Train this kid to be a gastronomical athlete, like that guy from Japan. Mmm, Nathan's hot dogs...is it lunch time yet?